March 9, 2011

【英語】一瞬考えるワード

I forget meanings of some words sometimes.
so I gotta make the list of them.
(It is a small part of them all)

(1)no longer
It means "not as formally now"

ex)
I'm no longer your boyfriend.
I like no longer you.

(2)before long,It's not long before
both of them mean "soon".

ex)
she will come before long.

(3)as long as
it means as much as "provided"
would better regard this word as if + some requirements.

ex)
I can see you as long as you forgive me.

(4)nothing but
It means nearly "only".
how you get easily to learn,that think it
as double negative meaning, so negative mean of nothing is just only.

ex)
I wanted nothing but love.

(5)for,because,so
all of them mean "reason".
Be careful when you will use "for".
"because" and "so" is available to put sentence first,
but "for" is unavailable.

ex)
I will not go outside,for it snow.

(6)while,during
both while and during mean "period of time"
but during is as preposition.so you have to put noun after "during".

(7)by,until
"until" means "continue to do by the point in time"
most important thing is NOT to use some word explain future
such as "will" and "be going to" within "until" or "before".

ex)
wait here until I come back.

"by" means often "the point in clock time"

ex)
please finish by 9 a.m.

(8)It is XXXX of XXX to XX
"of XXX" means value about XXX.

ex)
It is kind of you to help me.

in similar case,"It is XXXX for XXX".
"for XXX" means XXXX to XXX.

ex)
It is hard for me to decide.

fu..
there is a lot..ha!