January 18, 2011

【英語】使役

I learned causative verbs in office English training today,
Kind of causative verbs is "make","get","have" and "let".
Those are so famous(basic),right?

I suppose "let"is most famous verb,for example of expression,you say
"let me see",when you are going to think about something,
"let me know",when you want to get some answers.

strong ordering of causative verbs is
make > get > have > let

How to express causative in English grammar is
S V O V
first verb position is in "make" or "get" or "have" and "let" as I noted before,
then you have to put in a bare verb in second verb position.

In particular case
Only when you put in "get" in first verb position,
you have to put into "to V" instead of a bare verb on second verb position.


Next,
causative verb is useful to express passive condition,
for example,"I got my watch repaired".
How to express causative passive in English grammar is
S V O PP
but in this case,
you don couldn't put in "make" and "let" on first verb position.

It is easily to study together!
Never forget.